While we’re getting closer and closer to Spring-time, snow is still a coming down here in Lansing!
Here are some friendly reminders about how to be a good neighbor and keep your neighborhood safe during snowy days.
- Whether you rent or own, snow and ice must be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours after a snowfall
- Keep your sidewalk clear
- Ask your neighbors if they need help shoveling their sidewalk
- Distribute salt around the neighborhood
- Keep your car off the street for plows to get through
- Organize a group to help others shovel or salt
- Lend your shovel to a neighbor
- Clear space on the curb for your garbage cans
- Make sure fire hydrants are clear
From all of us here at the Neighborhood Resource Team, we hope you have a safe, warm week! Happy Neighboring!